- RSS Channel Showcase 3323770
- RSS Channel Showcase 3983354
- RSS Channel Showcase 1113203
- RSS Channel Showcase 2363350
Articles on this Page
- 11/30/16--08:00: _December Book Sale ...
- 12/07/16--08:53: _Best of the Bookshe...
- 12/12/16--22:56: _Craftapalooza @ Bet...
- 09/09/16--15:00: _Intriguing New Series
- 12/23/16--08:49: _Local Schools Join ...
- 01/25/17--08:02: _Helping Your Child ...
- 02/06/17--08:00: _Play & Learn Valent...
- 02/18/17--15:00: _Japanese Beetle Era...
- 02/23/17--08:37: _Celebrate Dr. Seuss...
- 01/26/17--17:09: _Tax Time: Tools for...
- 02/23/17--08:21: _Launchpad Tablets –...
- 02/27/17--08:23: _Parenting Power Too...
- 02/27/17--08:30: _Free Parent Talk: P...
- 03/01/17--13:49: _Bethany Expansion M...
- 03/11/17--08:00: _Spring Cleaning Boo...
- 03/20/17--08:00: _Letter of the Day C...
- 03/21/17--08:00: _THPRD Nature Mobile...
- 03/23/17--23:51: _Bethany Expansion U...
- 03/25/17--08:00: _Family Game Night @...
- 04/14/17--12:50: _Spot Fake News and ...
- 11/30/16--08:00: December Book Sale @ Bethany Library
- 12/07/16--08:53: Best of the Bookshelf: Favorite Kids Books
- 12/12/16--22:56: Craftapalooza @ Bethany Library
- 09/09/16--15:00: Intriguing New Series
- 12/23/16--08:49: Local Schools Join “Read for Goats” Challenge
- 01/25/17--08:02: Helping Your Child Learn Two Languages
- 02/06/17--08:00: Play & Learn Valentine’s Activity Feb.6-14
- 02/18/17--15:00: Japanese Beetle Eradication Project
- 02/23/17--08:37: Celebrate Dr. Seuss’ Birthday!
- 01/26/17--17:09: Tax Time: Tools for Filing
- 02/23/17--08:21: Launchpad Tablets – Lessons & Games for Everyone!
- 02/27/17--08:23: Parenting Power Tools: Screen Time
- 02/27/17--08:30: Free Parent Talk: Parenting in an Age of Digital Attachment
- 03/01/17--13:49: Bethany Expansion Meeting March 22
- 03/11/17--08:00: Spring Cleaning Book Sale @ Bethany
- 03/20/17--08:00: Letter of the Day Craft @ Bethany
- 03/21/17--08:00: THPRD Nature Mobile – Fantastic Flyers!
- 03/23/17--23:51: Bethany Expansion Update March 2017
- 03/25/17--08:00: Family Game Night @ Bethany Library
- 04/14/17--12:50: Spot Fake News and Stay Informed: Tools and Tips
Starts Saturday, December 10 and runs through Saturday, December 17.
Cozy chair, warm fire, something good to read. All are winter essentials. We can provide the reading material at great prices during our December Book Sale!
Our librarians at Cedar Mill Libraries share favorite children’s books from 2016:
Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty: Ada Twist is a very curious girl who asks questions and does experiments to find things out and understand the world.
Monday, December 19 - Friday, December 23 Join us each day for a different drop-in craft during this week long craftapalooza! What creation will you make? Held in the Children's Area.
In Rachel Caine's new series, the Great Library of Alexandria never burned down. Instead, it and its daughter libraries, the Serapeum, thrived and became the most powerful institutions in the world through their control over the collection, organization, and dissemination of all published knowledge. Educational resources are freely and easily available to everyone thanks to the [...]
Schools throughout the Cedar Mill area have joined our Read for Goats Winter Reading Challenge! Students pledged to read during their winter break to help earn a pair of goats for a family living in a rural area through Mercy Corps. The community goal is to read 6,000 hours. In addition, some schools have set their [...]
Is your child growing up in a multi-lingual family? Do you have questions about how to support your child's bilingual development? Join Dr. Dawn Hendricks, co-writer of the country's first bilingual Early Reading First project, and find answers to common questions and learn hands-on strategies to help your child thrive learning two or more languages. Helping [...]
Beginning February 6, kids of all ages can stop by a Valentine's Mailbox station and create a valentine to express their love for a favorite author, book character, library, or someone special. We'll have a play "mailbox" to mail them in. Parents with young children can use this as an opportunity to help their child explore [...]
Help our community fight invasive species this spring by attending a community meeting March 4th or 6th. The Oregon Agriculture Department has been focusing its attention on the Cedar Mill and Bethany area due to the rapid proliferation of the invasive Japanese Beetle in our neighborhood. The species is a serious threat to home and [...]
March 2nd is Dr. Seuss’ birthday and one of the country’s biggest reading celebrations. Join us Thursday, March 2 as we celebrate everything Dr. Seuss! Cedar Mill Main- Make socks for a fox, vote for your favorite Seuss book and take your picture in our Seuss photo-op! Bethany branch- Make socks for a fox, play the Finding [...]
As always, Cedar Mill Libraries staff are ready to help you find the tax publications you need. Here are some useful links to get a jump on tax prep: In Washington County: http://www.wccls.org/taxhelp Federal Forms & Publications Online: http://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs Find your local IRS office at: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 State Forms & Publications: https://www.oregon.gov/DOR/(Department of Revenue) WCCLS Tax [...]
We have a new collection at Cedar Mill Libraries - Launchpads! These electronic tablets are pre-loaded with lessons and games for kids, teens, and adults. Whether you want to enhance your child's reading abilities, learn a language, explore a new subject, or just play games and solve puzzles, there's a Launchpad for you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op0dH2cA5ys Place [...]
What's a parent to do when screens are everywhere, with digital media demanding attention from the time we wake to well into the night? What are age appropriate guidelines for screen time? How do we discern what's helpful and what's harmful? How do we keep our kids safe from harmful content? If you're like me, trying to [...]
Technology is here to stay and is a part of all our lives. Come for a far-from-anti-technology talk geared toward what your child is facing and how to help them face it with their health and wellbeing intact. Information on how technology impacts physiology, brain function, relationships, and sense of self will be center stage. [...]
A public meeting to update our community on plans for the Bethany Library expansion will be held on Wednesday, March 22 at 7 PM in the Laurel Parc Theater located at 15850 NW Central Drive. The library will share current architetural plans and renderings and listen to community ideas and questions. Since all the funds [...]
Spring has officially begun, which means that it’s time for our annual Spring Cleaning Sale! If you’re in the mood for something great to read at an excellent price, stop by and see what suits your fancy! The sale starts on Saturday, March 18, and ends on Saturday, April 1. See you then!
Hooray for letters! A different letter craft will be offered each day during Spring Break, March 27 - 31. Available while supplies last. All ages welcome!
The THPRD Nature Mobile will be visiting the Cedar Mill and Bethany libraries during Spring Break! Tuesday, March 28 @ Bethany: 10:30 AM - 12 NOON Thursday, March 30 @ Cedar Mill: 10:30AM – 12 NOON Spring migration is almost here and as some ducks and geese head north, thousands of other birds are on [...]
On March 22, the Bethany Library held a community meeting at Laurel Parc to share information and an update on the status of the branch expansion. Over 45 community members attended the event, where Peter Leonard, CMCLA Executive Director, and Marianne Coalson, Bethany Branch Manager, presented. Peter and Marianne provided a history of [...]
Join other members of your awesome community and play some fun board games at our Family Game Night! Saturday, April 8 from 5:30 - 7:30pm at the Bethany Library. All ages welcome. Doors will open at 5:30pm.
Reading the news, Facebook, or our email these days seems more of a chore just to figure out if what you see is worth knowing. Learn how to better evaluate what you see with these tools, or attend an upcoming workshop at the library.